Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind - simplicity. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you'll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won't drain your bank account.
- Take screenshots using Acorn and edit them right away.
- Chain together image filters to create stunning effects.
- Layer based image editing, an industry standard.
- Make new images and layers using your built-in iSight.
- Easy image and canvas resizing, just by changing the size of your window.
- Take advantage of every pixel of your monitor with full screen image editing.
- Tablet sensitive for pressure strokes and using the tablet's eraser.
- Vector shape and text layers.
- Freeform, elliptical, rectangular, and magic wand selections.
- Create and apply custom text styles.
- Control opacity and blending modes for each layer.
- Write plugins using the Python scripting language, as well as in Objective-C.
- GPU powered. The same graphics card that makes your gaming experience smooth, helps Acorn fly through the toughest of graphics operations.
Basic SVG support! You can now export documents and shape layers as simple SVG files. SGA: If there are no shape layers in your image, then the SVG export option will be grayed out. Additionally, this is a pure vector export - any bitmap operations like layer filters or masks are ignored for SVG export.
Taptic feedback for snapping guides (requires OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later).
New preference to have a little tick when snapping guides. For those of you without a fancy taptic trackpad, this one is for you. Turn it on under the Guides preferences - "Audible snaps".
If you've got an Illustrator file that has PDF compatibility turned on for it- Acorn will now open it up like it would a PDF file, allowing you to pick what resolution you'd like to open it as.